Friday, October 9, 2009

Testimony



So. This is where it all started. The Sacred Grove. Where a young boy went to find out which church was true. We are so blessed to have the gospel! I was really impressed by Elder Holland's talk in Conference about the Book of Mormon. I want to add my testimony to his, that it is true! I still remember the first time I took Moroni's challenge. I was in college before I read it all the way through. But I knew without a shadow of a doubt that it was true. And I still get that witness every time I read it.

Here is a quote from the end of Elder Holland's talk: "Brothers and sisters, God always provides safety for the soul, and with the Book of Mormon, He has again done that in our time. Remember this declaration by Jesus Himself: 'Whoso treasureth up my word, shall not be deceived'—and in the last days neither your heart nor your faith will fail you." What a beautiful promise! I'm thankful for the Book of Mormon and know it is true! It is true!

No comments: